Applicable fellowship students who are not affiliated to a lab in their first-year.
If you are an EDIC fellowship student and have a paper accepted at an international conference, then you can ask for an EDIC travel grant to help you cover your costs. Decisions will be taken on a case by case basis.
The following are the necessary conditions:
- The conference is international, has a good reputation, the paper will be published in proceedings, and the paper is indexed (such as Xplore for IEEE publications).
- The paper results from work done BEFORE the enrollment at EPFL and is strictly with collaborators outside EPFL.
- You list your affiliation on the paper as “School of Computer and Communication Sciences, EPFL”.
If these conditions are fulfilled, please send the following information together with your request for a travel grant to [email protected]:
- A PDF of your paper.
- A link to the conference web page.
- A paragraph explaining when and where this work was done and why you want to go to this conference.
Should you be awarded a travel grant, it will typically cover 50% of registration, travel, hotel, and food, up to a maximum cost of CHF 1,500.- (maximum CHF 750.-) for conferences outside Europe and maximum up to CHF 1000.- (maximum CHF 500.-) for conferences within Europe.