Coronavirus (COVID-19) information at the Library
Last update on 2020.07.01
- Limited opening of EPFL Library and the Rolex Learning Center (EPFL students)
- Pick-up a Book service (for all)
- Easy loan and access to collections (EPFL members)
- Document return and fine issues (for all)
- Access to online collections (for all)
- Other services (for all)
- Specific measures (EPFL lecturers)
1) Limited opening of EPFL Library and the Rolex Learning Center (EPFL sudents)
The Library and the Rolex Learning Center are partially open. Only EPFL student are allowed to access on-site collections, spaces and workspaces. Reservations are required.
Detailed information on go.epfl.ch/revision
2) Pick-up a Book service (for all)
The Library offers all its users the opportunity to pick up and return documents on site. These documents may be from the EPFL collections or reserved documents in the NEBIS network.
- To come and pick-up documents, order them from the BEAST catalogue, selecting “EPFL (Lausanne)” as pick-up location. When your documents will be ready, you will receive an email allowing you to make an appointment to come and collect your documents (Monday to Friday, from 8AM to 6PM).
- To come and return documents, make a registration, or obtain information, you can directly make an appointment on the Pick-up a Book platform (Monday to Friday, from 8AM to 6PM).
Please note: an appointment at the Pick-up a Book desk does not give you access to the collections, spaces and workplaces in the building. Even if you have several documents to return/borrow, or you come to register/obtain information, please reserve only one time slot.
3) Easy loan and access to collections (EPFL members)
■ On-demand printed standards pick-up
■ Digitized articles and book chapters sent by email
The digitization of printed journal articles belonging to EPFL Library collection is temporarily available to the entire EPFL community, including students. Scanned documents will be sent free of charge by e-mail. This service is exceptionally extended to textbooks of the Teaching Collection (references recommended by teachers). Please fill the corresponding form.
■ Financial support for the mailing of documents from the NEBIS network between June 8 and 30, 2020
The Library covers the cost of mailing of 3 documents from other libraries in the NEBIS network. Available for any mailing to your home (“Postal delivery (CHF 12.-)”) between 8 and 30 June. Please send a scan of your invoices by e-mail to [email protected], the Library will pay it for you (date of the document order being taken as proof). If you have already paid and wish to be reimbursed, please contact [email protected] to know how to proceed.
4) Document return and fine issues (for all)
Whether you are an EPFL member or not, if you are unable to return your documents even though you have received a reminder, or have been fined after June 1st, please contact [email protected] or 021 693 21 56.
5) Access to online collections (for all)
- Publishers (Cairn.info, Elsevier, Jove, nature, OVID, protocols.io, Springer Nature, Taylor & Francis, The Lancet, Wiley, etc.) made some scholarly content free during this “off campuses” period.
- Access to EPFL scientific publications is available via the institutional archive Infoscience.
- The online EPFL theses supply is maintained via the usual request form.
- Purchase and subscription proposals are possible via the usual request form.
6) Other services (for all)
- Use the Book a Librarian platform to make a one-to-one remote appointment with a librarian.
- We are at the disposal of lecturers to provide documentation and course materials for your students.
- All other services are maintained remotely, please contact us by email for:
– Publishing support and Gold Open Access fund: [email protected]
– Support for Research Data Management : [email protected] and Book a Data Librarian (by appointment only)
– Infoscience support: [email protected]
7) Specific measures (EPFL lecturers)
• Feel free to contact your liaison librarian with a list of titles to find out if they are available or can be purchased in an online version.
• You can use the educational exception to deposit book extracts or articles in a closed moodle group.
• You can deposit handouts from your courses on Infoscience, with open or restricted access to EPFL members. As a reminder, the respect of copyright and citation in the handouts is the responsibility of the teacher. Do not hesitate to contact [email protected] for advice and proofreading.
Any question? Need some information? The Library online desk is open! Contact the Library team from Monday to Friday from 9am to 12pm and from 2pm to 5pm.
021 693 21 56