Coronavirus (COVID-19) information at the Library
Last update on 2021.08.03
1) Face masks
In accordance with EPFL hygiene and behaviour rules:
“Unless you received a COVID certificate indicating that you have been vaccinated or have recovered from the disease, you are still strongly encouraged to wear a mask when moving around inside buildings, when at meetings and, if you cannot maintain the appropriate distance from other people, while you are at your place of work or study.”
2) Welcome and services at the desk
The librarians welcome you and answer your questions at the Library desk, from Monday until Friday, 10am-6pm.
You must wear a mask when you visit us at the desk.
The building is open 7/7 from 7am until midnight to all.
3) Digitized articles and book chapters sent by email
The digitization of printed journal articles belonging to EPFL Library collection is available to the EPFL community. Scanned documents will be sent free of charge by e-mail. Please fill the corresponding form.
4) Access to online collections
Remember to check if the document you need is available in electronic version. If you are an EPFL member, you will be able to consult it online, anywhere on campus, or even from home by connecting to the VPN.
- Publishers (Cairn.info, Elsevier, Jove, nature, OVID, protocols.io, Springer Nature, Taylor & Francis, The Lancet, Wiley, etc.) made some scholarly content free during this “off campuses” period.
- The online EPFL theses supply is maintained via the usual request form.
- Purchase and subscription proposals are possible via the usual request form.
5) Remote services
All services are maintained remotely :
- Use the Book a Librarian platform to make a one-to-one remote appointment with a librarian.
- Publishing support and Gold Open Access fund: [email protected]
- Support for Research Data Management : [email protected] and Book a Data Librarian (by appointment only)
- Infoscience support: [email protected]
6) Specific measures (EPFL lecturers)
- Feel free to contact your liaison librarian with a list of titles to find out if they are available or can be purchased in an online version. We are at the disposal of lecturers to provide documentation and course materials for your students.
- You can use the educational exception to deposit book extracts or articles in a closed moodle group.
- You can deposit handouts from your courses on Infoscience, with open or restricted access to EPFL members. As a reminder, the respect of copyright and citation in the handouts is the responsibility of the teacher. Do not hesitate to contact [email protected] for advice and proofreading.
Any question? Need some information? The Library online desk is open! Contact the Library team from Monday to Friday from 9am to 12pm and from 2pm to 5pm.
+41 21 693 21 56