Coronavirus (COVID-19) information at the Library
Last update on September 17, 2021
According to the Federal Council’s decision of September 8, 2021, and EPFL directives communicated on September 10, access conditions to the EPFL Library are the following as of Monday, September 13:
Access to the EPFL Library is only possible with a COVID certificate and ID for persons 16 years of age and older. This restriction concerns the work and revision spaces, the meeting bubbles, and on-site collections.
Librarians welcome you and answer your questions at the welcome desk from Monday to Friday, 8am-8pm. The building is open 7/7 from 7am to midnight.
Pick up a Book desk
For people without a COVID certificate, a Pick up a Book desk is available on site for picking up reserved documents and returning documents only. All other services are available remotely, please contact the online desk if needed: [email protected] ; +41 21 693 21 56.
Access to the Pick up a Book desk is only possible from the outside of the building (follow the signs) from Monday to Friday, from 10am to 6pm.
Wearing a mask and social distancing are mandatory when visiting the Pick up a Book desk.
Face masks are required at all times in the Rolex Learning Center, including at work stations even when social distancing is respected. This measure comes in addition to the requirement for people to have a COVID certificate.
Remote access to online collections
Remember to check if the document you need is available in electronic version. If you are an EPFL member, you will be able to consult it online, anywhere on campus, or even from home by connecting to the VPN.
The digitization of articles, book chapters and printed journal articles belonging to EPFL Library collection is available to the EPFL community. Scanned documents will be sent free of charge by e-mail.
Request a digitization
Online EPFL theses access
The electronic versions of EPFL theses are for the most part freely accessible via Infoscience. Theses with restricted access (EPFL intranet) can be ordered free of charge.
Request an online access to an EPFL thesis
All EPFL Library services are maintained remotely:
- Use the Book a Librarian platform to make a one-to-one remote appointment with a librarian.
- Publishing support and Gold Open Access fund: [email protected]
- Support for Research Data Management : [email protected] and Book a Data Librarian (by appointment only)
- Infoscience support: [email protected]
- Purchase and subscription proposals
Specific measures (EPFL lecturers)
- Feel free to contact your liaison librarian with a list of titles to find out if they are available or can be purchased in an online version. We are at the disposal of lecturers to provide documentation and course materials for your students.
- You can use the educational exception to deposit book extracts or articles in a closed moodle group.
- You can deposit handouts from your courses on Infoscience, with open or restricted access to EPFL members. As a reminder, the respect of copyright and citation in the handouts is the responsibility of the teacher. Do not hesitate to contact [email protected] for advice and proofreading.
Any question? Need some information? Contact the Library team from Monday to Friday from 9am to 12pm and from 2pm to 5pm.
+41 21 693 21 56