Coronavirus (COVID-19) information at the Library
Last update on 2020.14.09
- Access reserved to EPFL members and wearing of the mask
- Pick-up a Book service for all
- Easy loan and access to collections
- Document return and fine issues
- Access to online collections
- Remote services
- Specific measures (EPFL lecturers)
1) Access reserved to EPFL members and wearing of the mask
According to the directive setting out the conditions underpinning EPFL’s COVID-19 protection plan, access to the Rolex Learning Center (on-site collections, spaces and work places) is reserved for EPFL members (access with CAMIPRO card):
- EPFL students
Monday to Friday: students who belong to the authorized group
Saturday: first-year students attending the exercise sessions
Sunday: access with reservation (via EPFL campus app)
- EPFL staff
Access 7/7 from 7am to midnight
The capacity of the building (number of work places) has been reduced to guarantee a lower occupation of the spaces. Please do not move chairs around the building.
Please note: wearing a mask is mandatory at all times in the Rolex Learning Center, including at workplaces.
2) Pick-up a Book service for all
The Library offers all its users the opportunity to pick up and return documents, to register and get information on site at the Pick-up a Book desk.
- To come and pick-up documents, order them from the BEAST catalogue, selecting “EPFL (Lausanne)” as pick-up location. When your documents will be ready, you will receive an email inviting you to come and collect them (Monday to Friday, from 10AM to 8PM).
- To come and return documents, make a registration, or obtain information, you can directly come at the Pick-up a Book desk (Monday to Friday, from 10AM to 8PM).
Please note: coming at the Pick-up a Book desk does not give you access to the collections, spaces and workplaces in the building. Only EPFL members can access to the building (CAMIPRO card required).
3) Easy loan and access to collections
■ Digitized articles and book chapters sent by email
The digitization of printed journal articles belonging to EPFL Library collection is temporarily available to the entire EPFL community, including students. Scanned documents will be sent free of charge by e-mail. This service is exceptionally extended to textbooks of the Teaching Collection (references recommended by teachers). Please fill the corresponding form.
■ Financial support for the mailing of documents from the NEBIS network between May 1st and June 30, 2020
The Library reimburses the mailing costs of 3 documents from other libraries in the NEBIS network. Available for any mailing to your home (“Postal delivery (CHF 12.-)”) ordered between May 1st and June 30. To request a refund, please send a scan of your invoices by e-mail to [email protected]. The Library will indicate you the refund procedure.
Please note: you only have until 2020.10.31 to request a refund.
4) Document return and fine issues
Whether you are an EPFL member or not, if you are unable to return your documents even though you have received a reminder, or have been fined between June 1st and August 31st, please contact [email protected] or 021 693 21 56.
5) Access to online collections
Although access to on-site collections is once again possible for all EPFL members, remember to check if the document you need is available in electronic version. If you are an EPFL member, you will be able to consult it online, anywhere on campus, or even from home by connecting to the VPN.
- Publishers (Cairn.info, Elsevier, Jove, nature, OVID, protocols.io, Springer Nature, Taylor & Francis, The Lancet, Wiley, etc.) made some scholarly content free during this “off campuses” period.
- The online EPFL theses supply is maintained via the usual request form.
- Purchase and subscription proposals are possible via the usual request form.
6) Remote services
Although librarians can again meet with you on-site at the desk or during personalized sessions, all services are also maintained remotely :
- Use the Book a Librarian platform to make a one-to-one remote appointment with a librarian.
- Publishing support and Gold Open Access fund: [email protected]
- Support for Research Data Management : [email protected] and Book a Data Librarian (by appointment only)
- Infoscience support: [email protected]
7) Specific measures (EPFL lecturers)
- Feel free to contact your liaison librarian with a list of titles to find out if they are available or can be purchased in an online version. We are at the disposal of lecturers to provide documentation and course materials for your students.
- You can use the educational exception to deposit book extracts or articles in a closed moodle group.
- You can deposit handouts from your courses on Infoscience, with open or restricted access to EPFL members. As a reminder, the respect of copyright and citation in the handouts is the responsibility of the teacher. Do not hesitate to contact [email protected] for advice and proofreading.
Any question? Need some information? The Library online desk is open! Contact the Library team from Monday to Friday from 9am to 12pm and from 2pm to 5pm.
021 693 21 56