Registering / Withdrawing
|Doctoral courses||Registration opening||Courses start||Exam session||Grade|
ECTS Requirements per program
- According to Art. 4 of the Directive concerning doctoral studies, the study rules and regulations require a minimum of 12 credits and a maximum of 30 credits. In order to attend and successfully complete a doctoral study program, candidates must acquire the number of credits required by the rules and regulations of their doctoral program.
Doctoral Program Directors’ Meeting: Nr 107, May 28th 2015
- 4 credits – but not those required for the first year – out of the total required amount (12 or 30) can be chosen by the doctoral candidate without the approval of neither the program committee nor the thesis supervisor.
- These 4 credits – free of approval – can be chosen from all EPFL doctoral program’s course lists as well as from the courses for transferable skills, open to all doctoral programs.
|•||determines the kind of assessment :
– oral or written examination
– report and presentation
|D. Art.5, al. 1|
|•||informs students at the beginning of the course of the type of examination to expect.|
|•||is submitted either for the following evaluations:
– R for pass
– E for fail
– M for previously notified absence
– NA for absence without notification
|D. Art.5, al. 2 Ordonnance sur le contrôle des études|
|•||or for marks.|
|•||takes place within the four weeks which follow the end of the course.||D. Art.5, al. 3|
|In case of failure, the candidate is granted a second and final chance to sit the examination according to the conditions stipulated in his/her case.|
|The instructor informs the program administrative assistant of the evaluations at the latest one week after the examination.|
|The program administrative assistant gives the results to the Registrar’s Office who validates the credits.|
|The auditor: A doctoral student may follow a course without being submitted to assessment. In this case, the doctoral student must register before the beginning of the course as an auditor. The evaluation L will be marked against the candidate’s name as from the beginning of the course and no credits will be attributed.|