Bioengineering & Organoids platform
Located in the new AGORA Cancer Research Center next to the CHUV hospital in Lausanne, the platform aims to serve as a bidirectional bridge between the biomedical and EPFL research communities. We enable your translational research with bioengineering & organoids technology expertise and knowhow. We augment your technological research by facilitating access to the clinical and translational landscape and expertise.
The BET in short
Our vision and mission
The BET platform aims to serve as a bidirectional bridge between the biomedical and EPFL research communities. Our aim is to develop and share expertise in the space of translational bioengineering.
- We enable your translational research with the latest technologies and knowhow coming out of EPFL and the larger engineering community.
- We augment and accelerate your engineering of innovative assays and technologies by facilitating access to the clinical and translational landscape and expertise.
We primarily focus on organoids and advanced cellular models, as well as biomaterials and microfluidics systems for translational research, including research & development project and deployment of novel technologies
The BET platform aims to enable innovation, support research and federate the wider interdisciplinary community active in translational bioengineering.
As a center of expertise in translational bioengineering, the platform encompasses educational activities, research and development, and an open-access facility infrastructure to support your research needs along three main axes:
- rapid micro-fabrication and prototyping of microfluidic, biomaterials and organ-on-chip systems.
- organoids and advanced cellular models, culture and assay developments.
- specialised instrumentation for the development and implementation of custom experimental assays, including high-throughput microfluidics, assay automation, and high-content imaging.
Follow us !
You can discover more about us on our LinkedIn page and also on our Twitter account below !