Since Spring 2018, you have the opponunity to perlorm your master thesis in your own c ompany, even if it is not yet incorporated.
- You will be hosted by the EPFL Innovation Park Foundation.
- You will be supervised by a protessor for academic purposes, as well as a proressional business coach from EPFL Innovation Park.
We recommend you to start the application process one year before your master project starts.
We proceed to the candidate selection six months before it actualty starts.
- Full application deadline (step 5) for master thesis taking place in Spring 2021: Sunday September 27th, 2020.
- Full application deadline (step 5) for master thesis taking place in Autumn 2021: Sunday February 21st, 2021.
Beware: students who have done an industry internship to do their master thesis in the industry. This would also apply for a master thesis in your own startup.
We highly recommend that you get in touch at [email protected] as
soon as you are interested in this program, so that we can build vour project together.
1. Send a short email at [email protected] just to mention that you would like to apply.
2. define a scientific question which answer would be uselul to develop your startup. It should be at least as challenging as a regular master project in a lab or in the industry.
3. Find a professor to supervise your project.
4. Write a project description including academic objectives for the project together with the professor. The professor shoudl sign them.
5. Send a full application file to [email protected], including:
- A description of your company including
- the problem you are trying to solve,
- the solution you are bringing,
- the proof of market validation of your solution,
- what was achieved so far,
- the next objectives you are targeting.
- A cover letter delailing yoor motivation to join lhe program.
- A description of your master project, including academic objectives, signed by the professor who will supervise you.
- A list of business objectives, to help us find the suitable business coach to supervise you.
6. Pitch yaur project in Iront 01 the selection committee:
- 15 minutes presentation
- 15 minutes questions