What is Research Data Management?
- Factual records: numerical scores, textual records, images, sounds, protocols, source code, etc. (OECD)
- Research Data
- Data used as primary sources for scientific research, and commonly accepted in the scientific community to validate research findings (OECD)
- Research Data Management (RDM)
- The care and maintenance of the research data during the research cycle (UC Berkeley Library)
What can the EPFL Library do for you?
- RDM support & advice
- The Research Data Library Team can support your research with expertise on a large range of subjects related to data and code. If you need info or to review your DMP, or want in-lab support to optimize your data sharing, storage, publication, etc., check-out the RDM support & advice page.
- RDM training & events
- The Research Data Library Team collaborates with the best trainers to offer you a vast overview on data and code management. With scheduled or on-demand training offers, the offer at the RDM training & events page vary from introductory to specialized workshops and courses.
- RDM software
- There are plenty of solutions for many of the needs that researchers are facing. Check-out the RDM software page for links to digital tools and platforms useful for storing data, code versioning, publishing data, etc. Also, take a look at the programs developed by EPFL fellow researchers and do not hesitate to suggest other solutions.
- RDM guides & templates
- Discover templates to complete a DMP, guidelines of the major research funders, as well as our guides to walk you through the management of data. Check-out the RDM guides & templates page.
- RDM contacts & community
- Do not hesitate to contact the Research Data Library Team, or to get involved in the EPFL communities with interest in data and code. Check-out the RDM contacts & community page and share your doubts, requests, needs or curiosity about anything around data.