Digital Mobility Short Course
April 19-23, 2021, online
The course is organized during five days, and has the following content:
- fifteen 90-minute periods of lectures and laboratories
- two afternoons dedicated to the visit of companies
- one interactive session for questions and answers
Subject to sanitary restrictions applicable during the course dates, one in-person networking activity might be scheduled for participants from nearby regions who would like to join.
A tentative schedule is provided below.
|Mon, Apr 19||Tue, Apr 20||Wed, Apr 21||Thu, Apr 22||Fri, Apr 23|
|9:30 – 11:00||Travel demand modeling – Introduction to choice models, Bierlaire||Activity-based models: the next generation of travel demand modeling in the era of big data, Bierlaire||Passenger Matching for ride-sharing and car-pooling, Geroliminis||The Digital Revolution – Hype or Reality?, Alahi||Lab: Learning to predict mobility patterns (with Python), Alahi|
|11:15 – 12:45||Prediction of travel demand – Mobility indicators, Bierlaire||From vehicle-ownership to ride-sharing: policy implications and planning, Geroliminis||Lab: Simulation and optimization of transport systems, Geroliminis||Introduction to machine learning for mobility – Common mistakes, Alahi||Introduction to deep learning – tips and tricks, Alahi|
|14:15 – 15:45||Lab: analysis of demand data (with Python), Bierlaire||Traffic management for multi-modal transport operations, Geroliminis||Presentation by a company||Presentation by a company||Lab: Learning to predict mobility patterns (part 2), Alahi|
|16:00 – 17:30||Lab: calculation of indicators (with Python), Bierlaire||Operational problems for car-sharing and ride-hailing, Geroliminis||Presentation by a company||Presentation by a company||Q&A, all|
- March 15, 2021: deadline for early registration
- April 18, 2021: deadline for late registration
- April 19-23, 2021: course
A payment of 20% of the tuition fee is requested to confirm the registration. The rest of the fee shall be paid by March 15, 2021.
- Early registration: regular 3600 CHF
- Early registration: with scholarship 1800 CHF
- Late registration: regular 4320 CHF
- Late registration: with scholarship 2520 CHF
- Deadline for early registration: payment must be received by March 15, 2021.
- A limited number of scholarships (1800 CHF each) are available to students and full-time teaching staff (rank of instructor or higher) of academic institutions. Written requests for such scholarships should be sent to [email protected].
These requests must motivate the relevance of the course for the applicant’s research and teaching activities. Every applicant must register to the course in order to be eligible for a scholarship. If the scholarship happens not to be granted, the applicant can withdraw from the program at no cost.
- Included in the fees
- A certificate will be awarded at the end of the course to the participants.
- In order to maintain the highest standards, the enrollment is limited. Applications will be accepted until the program limit has been reached. Should the program limit be reached, we reserve the right to select the applicants who will receive the most benefits from the course, based on their qualifications and experience. A 20% cancellation fee will be charged to any registrant who cancels before the early registration deadline, that is before March 15, 2021. If the registrant intends to cancel after that deadline, or does not appear for the course, full tuition will be charged. The tuition will not be refunded for those who arrive late or leave before completing the course. In the event of a course cancellation, all fees will be refunded. However, we are in no way liable for non-refundable travel reservations.