Excellence in Africa
“Excellence in Africa” is a new program jointly launched by EPFL and UM6P (Mohammed VI Polytechnic University – Morocco) which aims to have a significant impact on excellent scientific research throughout the African continent.
“Excellence in Africa” is a new program launched by EPFL, designed to have a sustainable impact in Africa:
- through a network of highly-educated junior faculty based in Africa, to build a solid ground for excellent research and innovation;
- by anchoring collaboration within partner African institutions;
- by increasing EPFL’s and Switzerland’s visibility in Africa, for attracting talent and conducting excellent research;
- by accompanying the digital transformation in Africa.
The program consists of three pillars:
- Junior African faculty development through research project with EFPL professors,
- Mentoring of 100 PhDs enrolled in African universities by EPFL professors and
- Digital education.