DLL Molecular – Chemical engineering
By definition, chemical engineering -or physico-chemical process engineering- refers to the application of physical and synthetic chemistry on an industrial scale.
In this chemical engineering laboratory you can find the main facilities that can be found in industry but on a smaller scale. These allow the operation of the various fundamental processes of chemical engineering to be explored and understood.
These facilities are located in a three-storey hall and can be classified in the following categories:
- Energy Conversion (fuel cell, photovoltaic, heat pump)
- Separation (crystallisation, filtration, continuous distillation, liquid-liquid extraction, double-effect evaporation)
- Continuous Reactors (Catalytic flow reactor, Residence Time Distribution, Microreactors)
- Batch reactors (parametric sensitivity)
- Heat transfer (heat exchanger, conduction, free and forced convection)
- Mass transfer (oxygenation of water)
- Fluid mechanics (hydraulic pressure drop)
- Process control (level control of a tank)
Location and safety regulations
Anyone who wants to handle chemicals needs to be instructed according to the safety regulations of EPFL, DSPS and the internal regulations of ISIC/SCGC.
Training and bookings
Frédéric Gumy, +41 21 693 78 78
Activities and courses
|ChE-203||TP-1, TP-2, TP-3, TP-4, TP-5, TP-6|
|ChE-309||TP-1, TP-2, TP-3, TP-4, TP-5, TP-6, TP-7, TP-8|
|Master 1||Distillation en continu|
|Master 2||Extraction liquide|
|Master 3||Evaporateur à double effet|
|Master 4||Temps de résidence dans un réacteur|
|Master 5||Micro mélangeurs|