Mechanics and Electronics
DLL prototyping mechanics and electronics
Designed as a meeting place and support for members of the EPFL community wishing to make their projects a reality, the mechanical and electronic prototyping DLL will open its doors in March 2022. Complementary to other DLLs and in continuity of SKIL’s activities, it will offer more of 1,500 square meters to support students’ creativity and practical projects.
Spaces to give free rein to your creativity
Modular and accessible, large mezzanine spaces will be available to give free rein to students’ creativity. These places of exchange will facilitate meeting and discussion between students and will participate in the genesis of projects.
NEW! We are holding a naming contest for you to truly make this space yours. Use this link to submit your ideas!
- A place for meeting and sharing expertise
- A centralised space for prototyping, 400 square meters of open space on the ground floor will allow students to work at their own pace on their projects. This shared space, accessible at any time, will allow students to work as a team on their prototypes in direct proximity with the people who can advise them and the resources necessary for their project. Mobile furniture will allow space to be reconfigured as needed and to have access to light equipment at all times.
- A computer room equipped with design software will be accessible to allow students to formalize their concepts.
- Mechanics and electronics workshops
- Thanks to specific supervision, students will be able to access lathes, milling machines, welding equipment, 3D printers, electronic assembly stations to bring their projects to life. These spaces in which students will be able to work on their own project will be supplemented by the proximity of professional workshops.
- Projection room
- A 360-degree projection room is integrated into the device to generate virtual and immersive environments.
- Seminar and course spaces
- The entire system will also be equipped to accommodate seminars, courses or conduct small group meetings.
- More than 1’500m² available to students
- Open spaces 24/24 and 7/7
- 140m² of electronic workshops – equipped bins, soldering oven and pick and place machine
- 220m² of mechanical workshop with lathes, milling machines, laser cutters
- 115m² 3D printing room – FDM and DLP printer
- 60m² immersive room
- Cafeteria, free workspace, assembly area