CDH sits at the crossroads of science, technology and the humanities. We offer academic programs in topics related to the human and social sciences (SHS) and the digital humanities.
- Classes in the human and social sciences (SHS) – A range of nearly 150 classes available to EPFL Bachelor’s and Master’s students. About 20 SHS courses are also open to UNIL students.
- TILT courses, an integral part of the SHS program, this pedagogical initiative with UNIL brings a new type of teaching to the SHS program.
- Master’s of Science in Digital Humanities – A top-tier degree program that applies methods from data science to the humanities
- Digital Humanities Doctoral Program – For students attract by research in one of the many fields of Digital Humanities
- Semester projects – Student projects conducted at CDH labs
- Field projects – A unique learning opportunity where students can obtain practical, first-hand experience
Students recreate an 1851 experience to bring science to the public
In May 2023, students from the SHS course “"Experimental history of science" recreated Foucault’s famous pendulum in the MED building. Their goal was to bring the scientific instrument of the past, and the experience of seeing it in a public space, to life in the 21st century.
A range of nearly 150 classes available to EPFL Bachelor’s and Master’s students.
Pair advanced computer science skills with applied experience on interdisciplinary projects
For students attract by research in one of the many fields of Digital Humanities.
The CDH laboratories offer a whole series of semester projects to EPFL students.
Field projects give students a unique learning opportunity where they can obtain practical, first-hand experience.
From the autumn semester 2020, the CDH launches a joint course offer between UNIL and EPFL open to students from both campuses.