CDH sits at the crossroads of science, technology and the humanities. We offer academic programs in topics related to the human and social sciences (SHS) and the digital humanities.
- New classes 2020-2021
- Classes in the human and social sciences (SHS) – A range of nearly 150 classes available to EPFL Bachelor’s and Master’s students
- Master’s of Science in Digital Humanities – A top-tier degree program that applies methods from data science to the humanities
- Digital Humanities Doctoral Program – For students attract by research in one of the many fields of Digital Humanities
- Semester projects – Student projects conducted at CDH labs
- Field projects – A unique learning opportunity where students can obtain practical, first-hand experience
SHS spotlight: Philosophy of Life Sciences
For the past 13 years, University of Lausanne lecturer Christian Sachse has taught two courses on philosophy of life sciences as part of the College of Humanities Social and Human Sciences (SHS) program. Sachse talks about what makes the courses unique at EPFL, and how the themes discussed spark debates from all areas of science.
A range of nearly 150 classes available to EPFL Bachelor’s and Master’s students.
A top-tier degree program that applies methods from data science to the humanities.
For students attract by research in one of the many fields of Digital Humanities.
The CDH laboratories offer a whole series of semester projects to EPFL students.
Field projects give students a unique learning opportunity where they can obtain practical, first-hand experience.
From the autumn semester 2020, the CDH launches a joint course offer between UNIL and EPFL open to students from both campuses.