CDH sits at the crossroads of science, technology and the humanities. We offer academic programs in topics related to the human and social sciences (SHS) and the digital humanities.
- Classes in the human and social sciences (SHS) – A range of nearly 150 classes available to EPFL Bachelor’s and Master’s students. About 20 SHS courses are also open to UNIL students.
- TILT courses, an integral part of the SHS program, this pedagogical initiative with UNIL brings a new type of teaching to the SHS program.
- Master’s of Science in Digital Humanities – A top-tier degree program that applies methods from data science to the humanities
- Digital Humanities Doctoral Program – For students attract by research in one of the many fields of Digital Humanities
- Semester projects – Student projects conducted at CDH labs
- Field projects – A unique learning opportunity where students can obtain practical, first-hand experience
SHS Prize 2021-2022: the ‘laboratory of nature'
The annual Social and Human Sciences (SHS) Prize has been awarded to a team of three master students for their semester project, which involved – literally – retracing the steps of an 18th-century Swiss scientist to recreate his pioneering mountaintop experiments.
Social and Human Sciences (SHS) Program
A range of nearly 150 classes available to EPFL Bachelor’s and Master’s students.
Master of Science in Digital Humanities
Pair advanced computer science skills with applied experience on interdisciplinary projects
Digital Humanities Doctoral Program
For students attract by research in one of the many fields of Digital Humanities.
The CDH laboratories offer a whole series of semester projects to EPFL students.
Field projects give students a unique learning opportunity where they can obtain practical, first-hand experience.
From the autumn semester 2020, the CDH launches a joint course offer between UNIL and EPFL open to students from both campuses.