- EPFL websites and online services may use “cookies.” Cookies are small text files placed on the hard drive of your device.
- There are several types of cookies: Session cookies are temporary bits of information that are erased once you exit your web browser window or otherwise turn your computer off. Persistent cookies remain on your computer until you delete them or they expire.
Which cookies are generated by EPFL?
When you access EPFL websites, we can, according to your settings, install cookies on your devices, which will allow us to recognize your browser, during the validity time of the cookies. The cookies that EPFL generates allow us:
- to prepare statistics including frequency of access, the use and performances of websites
- to adapt the presentation of EPFL websites to the display preferences of your device (language, operating system etc.)
- to memorize preferences and parameters (authentification)
- to enable you to access reserved or personal spaces on EPFL websites
- to improve our communication and services.
How to control cookies?
- Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but provide controls that allow you to block or delete them.
- Please refer to your browser’s privacy or help documentation to find instructions for blocking or deleting cookies. For examples:
- Internet Explorer