- To know about direct observation techniques of materials microstructure.
- To apply theoretical knowledge acquired in the previous course and discover experimental constraints.
- To develop interpretation capacity based on observations.
- To know about and how to use basic techniques of stereology and image analysis.
Laboratory work of electronic microscopy:
- Sample preparation.
- Scanning electron microscope SEM (SE,BSE,EBSD).
- Transmission electron microscope TEM (BF,DF,HRTEM,SAED).
- Chemical analysis EDS.
- Methods of interpretation (MC simulations, diffraction indexation,JEMS).
Required prior knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of Solid state physics.
- Eletronical structure of atom.
- Cristal defects.
- Analysis of microstructures.
- Surface analysis.
- Semester projects and master thesis.
- Electron microscopy:advanced methods.
Type of teaching:
- Laboratory works.
Form of examination: