Nature, in code
Computer simulations can answer these questions and even predict which genetic characteristics will be transmitted to future generations. Today, this revolutionary tool is essential for scientists, as much as theory and experiments.
All the participants will have the opportunity to code their own simulations and share the results with their friends.
- Where and when
- October 24-27, 2022 at EPFL (Lausanne) – The pre-university weeks will of course take place in strict compliance with the sanitary measures in force at that time
- High school students from canton of Vaud (2nd year and beyond)
- No prior knowledge
- Handouts and course in French and English
- The course material is based on the book Nature, in Code by M. Salathé, EPFL professor in the School of computer and communication science and the School of life sciences
- Teaching staff
- Students from the School of computer and communication sciences as well as from the School of life sciences
Dr Barbara Jobstmann, lecturer, School of computer and communication sciences
- Online registration is closed
- Please contact the Education Outreach Department for any question: [email protected]