As an international & exchange student, you will learn here all useful information about your arrival in Switzerland, joining our program or registering for specific courses in the SMT Master program.
International students information
The Master in Sustainable Management & Technology (SMT) attracts many foreign students and thus allows students to immerse themselves in an international and multicultural environment where English is the natural language for both classes and communication between students.
We are proud to welcome students from different countries such as: America, China, France, Germany, Italy, Germany…
International students interested in joining our Master program must follow the detailed admission process.
Studying in Switzerland is a unique experience! Discover what this country has to offer.
- Check out how to get things together and prepare for your arrival as a new student at EPFL.
- Coming to EPFL
- Would like to be put into contact with a peer?
- Would you like to hear about another student’s experience as an SMT student?
- Do you want somebody to talk to who can relate to your student’s life?
Contact our section who will put you in contact with a peer: [email protected]
Please check the online application process and the deadlines.
Exchange students Conditions
As an exchange student, you will be able to take courses part of the SMT program. Please note that there are conditions and limitations imposed to exchange students depending on your situation.
Academic year 2023-24
International exchange students or students coming from another section of EPFL are only allowed to register for the following courses in the SMT curriculum:
- ENV-410 – Science of climate change
- MGT-464 – Globalisation, robotics and the future of work
- MGT-493 – Information security & digital trust
- MGT-494 – Economics for challenging times
- MGT-498 – Platforms & digital business models
- MGT-533 – Sustainability accounting
- ENG-410 – Energy supply, economics and transition
- MGT-502 – Data science and machine learning
- MGT-450 – Technology, sustainability and public policy
- FIN-429 – Sustainable & entrepreneurial finance
Once the second week of the semester is over, the SMT section will cancel all the registrations that do not follow these rules.