Each user using computers at EPFL must know the instructions for the use of the electronic infrastructure of EPFL and the security policy of information systems (below).
The EPFL Management is responsible for:
- The management of risks (including those related to computers) – Organizational Regulations of Risk Management at EPFL (LEX 1.4.3)
- Directive for using EPFL electronic infrastructure (LEX 6.1.4).
The VPSI is responsible for :
- To implement the instructions for computer security issued by the EPFL Management.
- The development of tools and training for awareness of computer security issues.
- To inform and collaborate with EPFL Management and the various departments of EPFL to avoid or resolve as quickly as possible any computer security problem.
- The necessary IT security central infrastructure.
- To provide faculties with tools and services to avoid or resolve as soon as possible any problem related to computer security.
More information on :
CDM Computer Services (CDM-IT) are responsible for:
- To implement the IT security instructions issued by the EPFL Management.
- To inform and collaborate with EPFL IT security to avoid or resolve as quickly as possible any computer security problems affecting the CDM.
- Installation on workstations managed by the CDM-IT of security tools (anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc.) provided by the central IT.
- The implementation of tools allowing the distribution and installation of security patches on the machines managed by the CDM-IT.
- Cleaning and restoration of IT equipment managed by the CDM-IT infected or placed on quarantine network.
- Awareness and support to CDM users regarding IT security problems.