The EPFL AI4Science Fellowship gives outstanding and highly motivated young researchers the chance to collaborate with a broad range of EPFL faculty on accelerating the use and furthering the understanding of machine learning methods in the scientific discovery process. The Fellowship focuses on excellence and interdisciplinarity. Therefore fellows will work with several laboratories at EPFL and will be granted ample freedom to develop their own research agenda.
We expect fellows to contribute to a vibrant and multidisciplinary community of researchers passionate about the transformation of science with new data-driven methods.
Initial appointments will be made for one year, with the expectation of renewal for at least a second year, upon agreement of the AI4Science scientific committee. The salary follows the generous scale for EPFL post-doctoral researchers. Starting date is flexible.
You hold a PhD, in any field relevant to this endeavour, are fluent in English and have a collaborative spirit. At EPFL, people from a wide range of cultural and academic backgrounds work and study together. This is a strength we wish to cultivate. We further strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups.
Apply online at the following address:
- CV including publication list,
- research statement on your past achievements (up to 3 pages),
- research project on accelerating the use and furthering the understanding of machine learning methods in the scientific discovery process (up to 3 pages),
- names and contact information of 3 referees to provide letters of recommendation.
- Scientific excellence and potential to lead original research directions
- Potential of the proposed research project
- Potential for collaboration with research groups at EPFL
Application deadline: October 31st 2022
Interview symposium: December 2022
Acceptance notifications: January 2023
For more information, contact us.