The Planning, Treasury and Institutional Data Department (PLAN) leads EPFL’s overall annual budget process as well as the medium- and long-term strategic financial planning. It manages current cash flow, plans liquidity requirements and develops financial and investment strategies. It also consolidates analyses and communicates the School’s main institutional data.
Our six-people team actively contributes to EPFL's strategic planning and promotes a culture of informed decision-making in order to advance the School's missions.
Our main missions
Budget and planning:
- Planning the School’s medium- and long-term financial needs, in accordance with strategic guidelines.
- Conduct of the EPFL’s annual budget process.
- Coordination of EPFL budget requests to the ETH Domain.
- Development of strategic and financial indicators for the Directorate.
- Liquidity management, cash requirements planning, banking relationship
- Currency risks monitoring and implementation of currency hedging and operations.
- Monitoring and strategic management of securities portfolios.
- Analysis and reporting on cash flow data for the ETH Board and the EPFL Directorate.
- Centralization, validation and compilation of cross-sectional statistical data at the School level.
- Management of academic rankings and benchmarking studies.