There are two types of financial support.
– The grants which are generally non dilutive, they have no impact on the equity structure of the strat-up (when it exists). This is is described in the page about grants and awards
– The investments (usually from private entities) which have a dilutive impact. This second source is decribed below.
Business Angels and Seed Investors
Business Angels are very active in the region both as individual investors or as members of business angel groups. Here are a few links:
In German-speaking Switzerland:
- NVF Novartis Venture Funds in Basel and in the USA
- Versant Ventures in Basel and in the USA
- Emerald Technology Ventures in Zürich and Toronto
- Creathor Venture in Zürich and Germany
- Zühike Ventures in Zürich
For Europe, consult InvestEurope
Pride examples of EPFL spinoffs attracting VCS