The community and entrepreneurial ecosystem are essential to the well-being of start-ups and entrepreneurs. The ecosystem includes all the support mechanisms listed in the various pages of this website. This specific page focuses on the community groups, clubs, associations, events as well as information sources.
Events at EPFL
The Vice Presidency for Innovation organises together with venturelab the Startup Champions twice a year at EPFL. It takes place in the forum of the Rolex Learning Center, and presents 2 entrepreneurs, followed by an aperitif.
The weekly Happy Hour to network at the EPFL Innovation Park. Every Tuesday 5.30pm. Meet the busy bees of the local ecosystem. This is an afterwork open to everyone.
Pizza & Startup. Happening 3 times a year. This midday session held at the EPFL Innovation Park presents 4 young innovative companies from EPFL or @ EPFL Innovation Park and is then followed by a pizza lunch.
The Startup day, a fair with panels & stands organised by the student association EPFL Forum.
The Imagine If competition organised by the student association EPFL Innovation Forum
Happening in spring, this day is to give an interesting and playful way for visitors to discover the technologies of the different laboratories and enterprises. It is a space for dialogue around innovation and technology, and also entrepreneurship.
Check MEMENTO, to know more about events on campus!
- The Lift conferences in Geneva, the main conference happening in February.
- LinkedIn EPFL Group
- Startupticker newsletter. The Swiss Startup news channel!
- Republic of Innovation. The joys of discovery are made all the richer when shared. Learn about innovation and experience that goes beyond everyday lives
- Le Réseau. Political group to support entrepreneurs’ interests.
More specific in their fields:
Guides for creation, national and cantonal
- Gründen Startup Guide. Describing about business incubators and technology parks, contact points for company founders, overview of legal structures, information for non-Swiss nationals, checklist for setting up a company, sponsorship awards and competitions.
- Guide from Chambre Vaudoise du Commerce et de l’Industrie.
- GGBA Switzerland. Here you will find information on how to launch your business activities in the Greater Geneva Bern area.
And also websites from cantons in Romandie:
- Guide from Canton de Vaud. Aiming at supporting organisations setting up, establishing and developing businesses.
- Innovaud. Through Innovaud, start-ups have access to: a network of experienced coaches, partners such as technology parks, the Foundation for Technological Innovation (FIT) and its new financing loans, and meetings with potential investors or existing businesses.