Advice includes generic training, i.e. entrepreneurship, innovation or technology transfer classes as well as more specific and targeted support such as coaching and mentoring.
- venturelab started 2004 as a national startup training program, and has since then conducted 202 entrepreneurship events with more than 23‘000 participants from Swiss universities and organized 3‘225 workshop modules to train innovative startup projects.
EPFL Innovation Park offers a wide array of training in Western Switzerland, for both university students and researchers to help them to bring science to market www.science2market.ch, and for experienced start-up founders / board members to accelerate the growth of their companies
Both are free of charges.
- The Mintt program provides EPFL PhD students with an accelerated training in invention management, assessment of the potential, intellectual property rights elaboration, license negotiation, start-up option evaluation and experience sharing in the fields of academic results industrialization and sales. It is organised by the EPFL Tech Transfer Office.
In addition EPFL offers a large number of courses to its students about innovation and entrepreneurship as part of their curriculum.
Coaching and Mentoring
Different type of coaching & mentoring can be found on campus:
- General coaching at the EPFL innovation park
- Specific to intellectual property, patents & copyrights, you may also want to visit the TTO web pages as well as read the Startup Guideline.
- Alumni Mentoring network
Different type of coaching & mentoring can be found off campus, such as:
- Genilem which supports selected entrepreneurs for the first three years of the project, through trainings & workshops.
- IMD startup Competition which provides a unique opportunity to get the help and insights of participants in IMD’s MBA and Executive MBA programs.