Génie Nucléaire (programme conjoint EPFL-ETHZ)
Clean, affordable and reliably available energy is of paramount importance for the well-being of industrialized economies and the development of emerging countries. Nuclear power is one of the principal options for closing the growing energy gap in a mid-term perspective and, depending on the availability of new generations of nuclear facilities and technologies, also a potentially crucial resource in the long-term.
The program in Nuclear Engineering aims to :
- provide in-depth knowledge on the fundamentals and technology of harnessing nuclear fission for energy supply
- present the basic principles and challenges of controlled nuclear fusion
- provide knowledge on nuclear techniques in medical research and industry
- present a view on the complete nuclear energy conversion system and the entire fuel cycle from uranium mining to the back-end
- offer the background necessary to integrate nuclear energy into energy systems as a whole
Students will spend the first semester at EPFL, the second at ETH Zürich, and the third and fourth principally at the Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI).
Holders of the Master of Science EPF-ETH degree in Nuclear Engineering will qualify for an interesting, multidisciplinary profession with excellent job opportunities in industry, research and national authorities. Tasks that are on the agenda represent scientific and technical challenges for motivated young engineers and researchers.
Please note that the information regarding the programs’ structure as well as the simplified study plan may be subject to change and that these are no legally binding. Only the official regulations and study plans are binding.
Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university and excellent academic results. The strong interdisciplinary character of the Master in Nuclear Engineering is reflected in the fact that the program is open to a wide range of Bachelor’s degree holders in exact sciences and engineering. Candidates are expected to have a solid background in mathematics, physics and a good engineering foundation.
Teaching language : English
In case of specific questions about this program,please use the following contacts:
41 (0)21 693 33 00