Student Survey Results
The Center for Digital Education (CEDE) and Teaching Support Center (CAPE) have have conducted a survey asking students about their experience with online learning. Get the analysis of the results and recommendations we derive from 3’021 students’ responses.
Teacher Survey Results
A teacher survey that mirrored the structure of the students survey was conducted in April to identify what works well and what adjustments could be made. We received 258 teachers’ responses which are summarized in this report.
Preparing Students for Summer 2020 Exams => a joint EPFL and ETHZ virtual event
Wednesday May 27th 12h15-13h15
No registration, just drop in. https://epfl.zoom.us/j/92972334977
How do we support students to succeed after remote teaching? What strategies or structures can I provide to help my students get organised and engage productively in learning? This event will feature teachers from ETHZ and EPFL sharing their plans.
Leveraging Labs for Learning
Tuesday May 19th 15h-16h30
*** Registration required https://bookwhen.com/epfl
This online workshop presents evidence-informed strategies for designing lab experiments that develop autonomy and higher-order thinking, in addition to a deep understanding of the core concepts. While the focus is on hands-on labs, the online format will be exploited to reflect on the possibilities for remote experiments. Please register here
This documentation and a Help Desk are here to support teachers in their online lecturing and teaching. “How to” guides help setting up online tools, “Usecase” are about ways teachers have adapted their teaching to the distance setting.
- How to hold live lectures (and record them at the same time).
- How to (only) record lectures for students to watch later. Voici la version française.
- How to get feedback from your students about your lectures via Moodle.
- How to upload recorded lectures to SWITCHtube.
- How to use a laptop *and* an iPad in parallel.
- Usecase: Transition from blackboard to slides.
- Usecase: Sustaining interest and attention.
- Usecase: Teaching with an iPad.
If you don’t find something in these quickstart guides or in the FAQs below, drop us a note at: