EPFL aims to reduce CO2 emissions from commuting by more than 30% by 2030 compared to 2019. The School encourages members of the community use public transport for commuting to campus.
Transport lausannois sales point at EPFL
The sales point and customer support of transport lausannois on the EPFL campus.
- Regional public transport ticket sales (Mobilis travelcard, flexiAbo, half-fare travelcard, junior travelcard, Night GA travelcard, etc.)
- International public transport ticket sales
- Information and customer support on the public transport system
- Processing discount vouchers for regional and national travelcard issued by EPFL
The tl sales point is located in the Maison de la mobilité in the center of the campus.
Monday to Friday : 9.00 – 13.00 / 13.30 – 17.00
The Lausanne campus is connected to surrounding towns by the M1 metro and tl and MBC buses. It is located close to the Renens, Malley, Morges and Lausanne train stations.
- The M1 metro line connects the Lausanne campus to Renens and central Lausanne.
- The 31 bus crosses the campus in the direction of Renens or Saint Sulpice. Schedules, routes and tickets are available on the tl app or website.
- The bus line tl 1 connects the campus without changing from the EPFL/Colladon stop to Lausanne station at rush hour, between 6:30 am and 9:30 am and between 3:30 pm and 7 pm.
The 701 bus connects the Lausanne campus to the central Morges and Bourdonnette. The 705 bus serves the western part of Lausanne in the direction of Lonay.
Schedules, routes and tickets are available on the MBC website.
The Renens, Malley, Morges and Lausanne train stations are the closest ones to the Lausanne campus.
Train schedules, routes and tickets can be found on the SBB mobile app or website.
Subsidies and discounts
To encourage the use of this transport, EPFL offers EPFL staff several discounts on the purchase of national public transport passes.
Some municipalities (including Lausanne, Epalinges, Ecublens, Chavannes-près-Renens) subsidize public transport passes for students. Please contact your municipality for more information.
The Half-Fare travelcard allows you to travel on the SBB and most other railways, as well as by boat and postbus. It gives access to discounts for urban transport, as well as additional services and other attractive discounts.
EPFL employees working at least half-time under a contract for at least 12 months are entitled to a free half-fare travelcard from the Swiss Railway Company (SBB). → Learn more
The 1st or 2nd class General Abonnement (GA) gives you free travel on most Swiss railways, as well as on many public transport services in Switzerland.
All EPFL employees are entitled to a 25% discount on the purchase of a second-class Swiss-wide (GA) travelcard or a 15% discount for first-class. → Learn more
Regional season tickets allow you to make an unlimited number of journeys within the chosen zones during the period of validity.
EPFL employes can apply for a 25% subsidy (in the form of a voucher) on the purchase of a monthly or annual regional travelcard. You can apply for the voucher on myCamipro, under the “Public transport” tab. Vouchers can be used at any corresponding point of sale.
- EPFL Lausanne campus
Mobilis (including FlexiAbo travelcards), including zone 12
- EPFL Neuchâtel
Onde Verte, including zone 10.
- EPFL Valais/Wallis
Bus Sédunois or CarPostal passes, including Sion (there are no fare zones in Valais)
- EPFL Geneva
Unireso/LemanPass, including zone 10.
- EPFL Fribourg
Frimobil, including zone 10.
For advice or direct sales of public transport tickets in Switzerland or abroad :
- tl customer service by phone or by using the contact form
- Maison de la mobilité on the EPFL campus (BI A0 432)
For any questions relating to EPFL subsidies :