I am a PhD student at EPFL in the Laboratory for Topology and Neuroscience, where I am very fortunate to be advised by Kathryn Hess. My research interests lie in the intersection of topological data analysis, machine learning, and neural networks. I am particularly interested in applications to neuroscience and biology. Here is my CV.
Publications and Preprints
- Nerve theorems for fixed points of neural networks, D.Egas Santander, S.Ebli, A.Patania, N.Sanderson, F.Burtscher, K.Morrison, C.Curto, to appear in Research in Computational Topology 2, Springer, (2021). [arXiv]
- Combinatorial Conditions for Directed Collapsing, R.Belton, R.Brooks, S.Ebli, L.Fajstrup, B.Fasy, N.Sanderson, E.Vidaurre, to appear in Research in Computational Topology 2, Springer, (2021).
- Simplicial Neural Networks, S.Ebli, M.Defferrard and G.Spreemann, in NeurIPS 2020 Workshop on Topological Data Analysis and Beyond, (2020). [arXiv, TDA@NeurIPS, OpenReview, poster, talk, data, code]
- Towards Directed Collapsibility, R.Belton, R.Brooks, S.Ebli, L.Fajstrup, B.Fasy, C.Ray, N.Sanderson, E.Vidaurre, in Advances in Mathematical Sciences AWM, pp.255-271, 2020 [arXiv, publication]
- A Notion of Harmonic Clustering in Simplicial Complexes, S.Ebli, G.Spreemann, in Proceedings 18th IEEE International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications, 2019. [arXiv, publication]
- I am a member of the technical programme committee for the Topological Data Analysis and Its Application for Medical Data Workshop at MICCAI 2021.
- I am a co-organizer of the Theoretical Biology Network in Western Switzerland, where we organize seminars and outreaching events to build a community of researchers working on diverse topics in mathematical and theoretical biology in Western Switzerland.
- I co-organized the Young Topologist Meeting 2019, a conference to promote research and collaborations among PhDs and Postdocs in topology.
- I co-organized the Workshop on Topology and Neuroscience 2019, a three days workshop to enhance the research in the intersection of topology and neuroscience.
- I co-supervised four bachelor projects and one master project in applied topology at EPFL.