Scholarships are awarded by EREF to recognize excellence in master’s and doctoral waste management research and education. Scholarships provide a monthly stipend from the time of the award until the student graduates. While on scholarship, students are required to work on projects related to solid waste issues. During a scholar’s tenure, EREF staff will work with scholars to integrate them into industry events such as conferences and fundraisers and facilitate visits to companies in the industry.
Deadline: Mar 1, 2023
Applications will be considered from those who:
- will be this year or are now a full-time master’s or doctoral student, and
- have a clearly demonstrated interest in solid waste management research. EREF defines solid waste management to pertain to municipal solid waste, construction & demolition waste, industrial waste (e.g. coal ash), WTE ash, etc. Note this definition does not include agricultural wastes or wastewater treatment plant sludge.
Scholarships recognize graduate students pursuing excellence in solid waste management research and education. Recipients are chosen based on credentials and potential contributions to the solid waste industry and its scientific community. Applications from students outside the United States or studying abroad will receive equal consideration.
This fellowship is for non-UK scientists who are at an early stage of their research career and wish to conduct research in the UK. The eligibility criteria are :
- have a PhD, or will have a PhD by the time the funding starts
- have no more than seven years of active full-time postdoctoral experience at the time of application (discounting career breaks, but including teaching experience and/or time spent in industry on research)
- be working outside the UK
- not hold UK citizenship
- be competent in oral and written English
Deadline: Mar 28, 2023
Switzerland-based researchers can apply to ETH Zurich (Leading House Asia) for a stay in Japan and Japanese researchers to JSPS for a stay in Switzerland.
The eligibility criteria are:
- Doctoral students (in exceptional cases also Master students and early career postdoctoral researchers) from Swiss universities, universities of applied sciences, public research institutes are invited to apply.
- Call Guidelines on which nationalities and permanent residency holders are eligible to apply can be found in guidelines provided in the link.
- Open to all disciplines including social sciences and humanities.
Deadline: Apr 30, 2023