Chemistry and chemical engineering students are allowed to take part in MAKE projects in lieu of lab projects.
The MAKE project that is actively recruiting chemistry and chemical engineering students is the EPFL Carbon Team: https://make.epfl.ch/projects/carbon-removal.
The projects listed below can appeal to chemists and chemical engineers as well:
Bioengineering and environmental sciences:
- Designing life with AI : https://make.epfl.ch/projects/design-life
- SensUS : https://make.epfl.ch/projects/sensus
- iGEM: https://make.epfl.ch/projects/igem
- Sailowtech: https://make.epfl.ch/projects/sailowtech
- Genorobotics: https://make.epfl.ch/projects/genorobotics
- EPFL rocket team with designing and building a rocket motor: https://make.epfl.ch/projects/rocket-team
Should you be interested in joining a project, please refer to the contact listed on each individual project’s page.