Information exchanges 2020-21
The student exchanges in 2020-21 are maintained, given that the development of the sanitary condition due to Covid-19 allows it. Students who have not yet received the application procedure to submit to their host university will receive it in the coming weeks.
In order to apply for an exchange in one of our partner universities, the students of all sections must have the minimum requirements below:
- outside Europe : average grade of minimum 5.0 at the Propé
- Europe : average grade of minimum 4.5 at the Propé
- the student must have completed the two first years at EPFL
After the selection, the requirements to be able to go on exchange for a full academic year are the following (applicable as of the academic year 2018-19):
- Students who finished the first year in the Spring semester have to obtain all the credits of the 2nd year (60 ECTS) in 2 semesters maximum.
- Students who finished the first year in the Autumn semester have to obtain all the credits of the 2nd year (60 ECTS) in 3 semesters maximum and register for the equivalent of minimum 45 ECTS during the exchange, if they have already obtained more than 15 ECTS of the 3rd year Bachelor before going on exchange.
- go on an exchange during a full academic year (an exchange of one semester is not possible).
- to have a good knowledge of the language of the host country or the language of teaching. A language certificate is often required by certain universities. The language level varies between the institutions.