The energy system is not only a connected collection of physical and chemical devices. Society, e.g. human beings, is at the heart of it. New energy technologies must be acceptable, manageable, and affordable. To make it most effective and complete, energy research at EPFL fully embraces topics such human-environment interactions, urban sociology and economics, and innovation management.
Laboratories linked to Energy Center
All the Energy Center laboratories regarding energy efficiency are listed below.
- Human Environment Relations in Urban Systems
- Laboratory of Architecture and Sustainable Technologies
- Laboratory of Digital Culture for Architectural Projects
- Laboratory of Environmental and Urban Economics
- Laboratory of Integrated Performance in Design
- Risk Analytics and Optimization Chair
- The Human-Oriented Built Environment Lab
- Urban Sociology Laboratory
- Urban Transport Systems Laboratory
Startups linked to Energy Center
All the Energy Center startups regarding energy society are listed below.