GEMTOO is the first modeling tool that estimates timing, memory availability, bandwidth, and area of gain-cell embedded DRAMs (GC-eDRAMs) .
- The tool is based on input parameters related to technology, circuits, and memory architecture of GC-eDRAMs to enable a rapid design space exploration.
- The physical floorplan of the GC-eDRAM is considered in the estimation of memory metrics, thereby accounting for the impact of the memory architecture and the load given by the interconnects.
- An accurate timing estimation is provided by modeling the effect of the deterioration of the stored data in the bitcell.
- The tool is implemented in a modular structure to allow for the selection or the introduction of different modeling strategies.
How to use the tool
The following instructions can be used to execute a provided example:
- Download the zip archive and extract it
- Change directory to gemtoo/matlab
- Launch MATLAB
- Execute run_and_print.m