Our group has put in place a setup that combines optical trapping and nanocapillaries. This single molecule force spectroscopy can be used as a sensing tool for discrimination and localization of DNA–protein complexes, and tool that can probe electroosmotic flow. Another single molecule manipulation tool availbel in the lab is Anti-Brownian Electrokinetic (ABEL) trap. Thus is non-perturbative techniqueallows trapping and manipulating single fluorescent molecules in solution. It operates by tracking the Brownian motion of single fluorescent particle in solution, and applying a time-dependent electric field to induce an electrokinetic drift that cancels the Brownian motion.
- Bulushev RD, Marion S, Petrova E, Davis SJ, Maerkl SJ, Radenovic A: Single Molecule Localization and Discrimination of DNA-Protein Complexes by Controlled Translocation Through Nanocapillaries Nano Letters 2016, 16 (12), 7882-7890.
- Bulushev RD, Marion S, Radenovic A: Relevance of the Drag Force during Controlled Translocation of a DNA-Protein Complex through a Glass Nanocapillary. Nano Letters 2015, 15(10):7118-7125.
- Bulushev RD, Steinbock LJ, Khlybov S, Steinbock JF, Keyser UF, Radenovic A: Measurement of the Position-Dependent Electrophoretic Force on DNA in a Glass Nanocapillary. Nano Letters 2014, 14(11):6606-6613.
- Glushkov, E., Navikas V. and Radenovic, A. Fluorescent Nanodiamonds as Versatile Intracellular Temperature Sensors.2019 Chimia, 7. 73-77.
- Kayci M, Chang H-C, Radenovic A Electron Spin Resonance of Nitrogen-Vacancy Defects Embedded in Single Nanodiamonds in an ABEL Trap. Nano Letters 2014, 14(9):5335-5341.