OpenBuild is a MATLAB toolbox, providing an integrated environment for design and simulation of advanced controller for Smart Buildings. The capabilities of the toolbox include:
- Automatic generation of linear state-space building model form the detailed EnergyPlus building model.
- Automatic generation of disturbance inputs to the linear model using EnerguyPlus
- Modeling of HVAC systems in MATLAB
- Modeling of electrical components in MATLAB
- Design of advanced controllers for smart buildings
- Co-simulation of the designed controllers with EnergyPlus
The OpenBuild toolbox is available for download from SourceForge
Installation and getting started PDF instructions
OpenBuild : An Integrated Simulation Environment for Building Control, T. Gorecki and F. Qureshi and C. Jones, 2015 IEEE Conference on Control Applications (CCA),
OpenBuild is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPLv3) as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
OpenBuild is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.