- Before the start of the Semester Project: choice of the project, discussion with the responsible and contact with the professor (email with: title of the project and name of responsible).
- Follow-up of the semester registration procedure of the section
The registration to the Instant-Lab secretary should be done minimum 3 weeks before the beginning of the semester.
- Two weeks after the beginning: detailed workplan and objectives have been established (one page)
- Mid-project : Intermediate presentation
- End of the project : Report and final presentation
- Semester project report should be delivered electronically to the assistant and to the Instant-Lab secretary at 12h00 on the due date (refer to academic calendar). One paper copy is also required. Follow the guidelines for writing reports
- All the electronic datas used and produced during the project (report in PDF, presentation, images, videos, CAD, files…) have to be given to your assistant with a USB-key or hard drive (which will be then given back).
Intermediate oral presentation (mid-semester) 10min presentation, 15min discussion
- Objectives of the project (context, motivation, specifications)
- Background, description of the problem, hypothesis
- Methodology – choice of the solutions – theoretical basis
- Analysis of the results (in the perspective of the objectives)
- Work for the next phase (adjustments of the objectives, management of problems)
Final oral presentation (Last week of the semester) 15min presentation + 15min discussion
Same plan as intermediate presentation + :
- Conclusion (in the perspective of the initial objectives)
- Self evaluation
The projects are evaluated on the basis of the report, work in the lab and oral presentations.
Report: Presentation of the problem, selection of methods, theoretical developments, experimental part, analysis of results and conclusion, quality of the report (writing, layout…)
Work in the lab: Involvement to the project, organization, documentation, quality and quantity of experimental work, creativity, communication with the team
Oral presentations: Clarity of the objectives, quality of the presentation, reply to questions