Our research covers the following domains:
Image Segmentation, Object Detection and Tracking
- A priori Information in Shape Analysis
- Model-based object tracking in video sequences
- Face Detection, Tracking and Recognition, including the EPFL 3D Face database
- Eye Tracking and Gaze Estimation
- Satellite Image Classification
Multimodal Signal and Image Analysis
- Lip reading
- Multimodal speaker tracking
Medical Image Analysis
- Registration and Segmentation : Atlas-based Segmentation & multimodal registration, Model-Based Surface Registration, Statistical Classification
- Diffusion MR Imaging: White matter segmentation in DT-MRI using geometric flows, Segmentation of thalamus and its nuclei in DT-MRI, Diffusion MR Imaging and Fiber Tracking
Facial Analysis Methods and ApplicationsWe currently have 5 PhD students and one post-doc assistant working on projects related to face detection, tracking and analysis
LTS5 research in ultrasound imaging regularization methods in ultrasound imaging. In terms of acoustic wave propagation, ultrasound imaging poses an inverse problem which relates the tissue reflectivity.
Objective: Development of a real-time eye tracking system and methodology that provides a high estimation accuracy (~1° visual angle error) and high tolerance to unconstrained conditions.