Master Students, Internships and Student Projects (TP4)
The Laboratory for Quantum Magnetism accomodates students at several levels, who join ongoing projects for direct research experience.
- Semester projects (TP4): Students are given projects corresponding to their interests and qualifications. Projects are designed so they can be completed in one semester, but with possibility for expanding to second TP4 and Master Project
- Master Projects: Are stand-alone research projects linked to ongoing topics in the lab. They are designed to reach complete result, and ideally generates a publication. We host master students from EPFL and often visiting Master Students from universities around the world.
- Internships: There are several internship programmes possible. We prioritize internships of 2-3 months or longer. To date all interns from LQM have moved on to PhD studies at major universities or equivalent successful career paths.
Contact us if interested.
We seek excellent postdoctoral candidates with expertise in two or more of the following areas:
- Magnetism, quantum effects
- Neutron scattering, elastic and inelastic
- Dilution refrigerators
- Low temperature instrumentation
- Solid state NMR at low temperatures
- Expertise in Matlab, Instrument programming etc.
Postdoctoral positions are 2 years, with possible extension for another 2 years. Applicants should submit a CV, publication list, a brief statement of research interests, and the names of two references as PDF attachments to [email protected].