EXECUTIVE LECTURE SERIES
Prof. Dr. Marc Gruber | 2 ECTS credits | Spring Term
This seminar allows students to develop an understanding of pertinent managerial issues as they are encountered by executives in firms of all sizes and in a variety of industries. It will give students the opportunity to interact with executives in the classroom and to obtain insights into the functioning of firms in a variety of sectors.
The seminar is primarily concerned with the core strategic and operational issues in technology, entrepreneurship and innovation which executives are facing in their daily work. It builds on lectures by the instructor as well as presentations by executives.
- The roles of the executive
- Leadership challenges in the 21st century
- Bridging disparate thought worlds in organizations
- Balancing exploration and exploitation
- Managing career paths, starting a firm
- Specific topics addressed by the executives, to be announced at the beginning of the semester