ENTREPRENEURIAL OPPORTUNITY IDENTIFICATION
Prof. Dr. Marc Gruber | 4 ECTS credits | Fall Term
Understanding the theoretical foundations of entrepreneurial opportunity identification and exploitation, and applying them to real technological innovations from EPFL.
- Theoretical insights into the origin of entrepreneurial opportunities: Neoclassical Equilibirum Theory, Search Theory and Austrian Theory
- Strategy and the Management of Innovations: local and distant search; challenges in performing boundary-spanning search in new ventures
- Methods for identfiying market applications for new technologies
- Opportunity evaluation under high uncertainty
- Crafting strategies for opportunity exploitation
- Real-life cases of technologiocal opportunity identification and exploitation
There will be no class this Fall. Please check back to see when this course will be offered again.