Continuing education is part of the main EPFL mission and an increasingly critical task for Switzerland and the world. It is also a great opportunity for Professors and other teaching staff to create direct connections with industry and to develop additional revenue streams for their labs.
What are the requirements to receive a grant?
For proposals to be considered, they need to have the following:
- Clarity around the objective, target audience and learning outcomes of the course
- An identified potential course leader who is an EPFL Professor, MER or Senior Scientist
While all fields of research are of interest, relevance to the following strategic priority areas of EPFL is a plus:
- Energy and sustainability
- Fundamental Sciences
- Health science and technology
- Intelligent systems
- Privacy and cybersecurity
- Advanced manufacturing
What type of funding is available?
The grant offered to successful candidates will be used to cover half the costs (50%) of the development of a new course by a specific EPFL unit upon the successful launch of the course. Depending on the amount, the grant will be paid in installments. Please see more information at the Guide For Applicants.