The Institute of Chemical Sciences and Engineering
The ISIC Direction proposes a grant – ISIC Master Grant – addressed to external Master students who intend to join an ISIC research unit in the frame of their Master thesis.
This program increases excellence within the Institute favouring scientific collaboration and helps evaluating future PhD students’ potential.
ISIC supports – with 1’600 CHF per month – one exchange Master student per unit for up to 6 months per academic year.
Description of the selection process
The Head of the Research Unit or the Administrator submits the application file to ISIC direction via: [email protected] containing:
- Master student updated CV (showing enrollment at an academic institution outside EPFL)
- Copy of official Bachelor and Master grades records
- 1 page summary of the project the student will be conducting in the unit.
- Enrollment dates in the Research Unit to complete the Master thesis.
The ISIC direction will review the application and provide an answer within 3 weeks after the submission deadline to the PI and unit Administrator. Positive answers are provisional. Grants will only be awarded upon exchange student enrollment at EPFL –3 months before the starting date of the project– by filling any of the below:
- For registrations in English click here
—> Registration Procedure
—> online application form
- Pour des inscriptions en français voici le lien
—> Procédure et délai de l’inscription
—> Formulaire d’inscription
Candidates must indicate the laboratory where he/she will be hosted. Once the application form is validated by the candidate, the supervisor of the Master project will be contacted to validate the registration. the applicant will receive an acceptance letter. This letter needs to be provided to the Unit Administrator and ISIC direction at: [email protected]
Upon reception, the ISIC direction will be issuing the “Master Grant Attestation”.
Unit Administrators are requested to contact the ISIC Secretariat to find out more on how to submit the ISIC Master Grant funding.
Timeline & deadlines
- Applications for Q1 and Q2 to be received before 1st September previous year.
- Applications for Q3 and Q4 to be received before 1st March same year.