Call for proposals 2022: CLOSED
Two-stage submission and review process
- The main mission of this call is to foster new interdisciplinary research collaborations within the ENAC community.
- Principal Investigators (PIs) should be professors at the ENAC School and come from different research disciplines. The PI can also be a senior scientist (“MER”) but only if the proposal involves minimum two other PIs that are professor.
- The PIs should bring different skills to tackle ambitious research problems with emphasis on ENAC’s 3 strategic topics: climate change, digitalization and urbanization.
- Successful proposals will be awarded up to 400kCHF if they involve two PIs and up to 500kCHF if they involve three or four PIs.
- Projects should run for 2 or 3 years
- Scientific assistants, PhD students or post-doctoral researchers can be hired on the granted projects and will be attached to the laboratories of all PIs involved to further promote the exchange between ENAC laboratories.
- uses knowledge and skills from different scientific disciplines to target a specific problem or test a new hypothesis
- leads to new, integrated knowledge
- combines elements (theories, methods, concepts, etc.) from two or more disciplines in order to achieve the research objectives
- a similar degree of importance is attached to all the disciplines involved
Please check the specific eligibility requirements and evaluation criteria in the Guide for Applicants (see Applicant toolkit).
- Call opening: 12.09.2022
- Deadline for submitting the Pre-proposal: 11.10.2022 (17:00 CET)
- Invitation for submitting Full proposal: 17.10.2022
- Deadline for submitting the Full proposal: 14.11.2022 (17:00 CET)
- Communication funding decision: 23.12.2022
- Earliest project start: 01.01.2023
How to submit
- The Pre-proposal should be submitted at the latest by 11.10.2022 (17:00 CET) via email to [email protected]
- Upon invitation only: the Full proposal should be submitted at the latest by 14.11.2022 (17:00 CET), via email to [email protected]
- Please read the Guide for Applicants and use the proposal templates as in the toolkit
If you have any additional question concerning the call, do not hesitate to contact us!