Call for proposals 2022: CLOSED
Two-stage submission and review process
- The main mission of this call is to foster new interdisciplinary research collaborations within the ENAC community.
- Principal Investigators (PIs) should be professors at the ENAC School and come from different research disciplines. The PI can also be a senior scientist (“MER”) but only if the proposal involves minimum two other PIs that are professor.
- The PIs should bring different skills to tackle ambitious research problems with emphasis on ENAC’s 3 strategic topics: climate change, digitalization and urbanization.
- Successful proposals will be awarded up to 400kCHF if they involve two PIs and up to 500kCHF if they involve three or four PIs.
- Projects should run for 2 or 3 years
- Scientific assistants, PhD students or post-doctoral researchers can be hired on the granted projects and will be attached to the laboratories of all PIs involved to further promote the exchange between ENAC laboratories.
- uses knowledge and skills from different scientific disciplines to target a specific problem or test a new hypothesis
- leads to new, integrated knowledge
- combines elements (theories, methods, concepts, etc.) from two or more disciplines in order to achieve the research objectives
- a similar degree of importance is attached to all the disciplines involved
Please check the specific eligibility requirements and evaluation criteria in the Guide for Applicants (see Applicant toolkit).
- Call opening: 12.09.2022
- Deadline for submitting the Pre-proposal: 11.10.2022 (17:00 CET)
- Invitation for submitting Full proposal: 17.10.2022
- Deadline for submitting the Full proposal: 14.11.2022 (17:00 CET)
- Communication funding decision: 23.12.2022
- Earliest project start: 01.01.2023
How to submit
- The Pre-proposal should be submitted at the latest by 11.10.2022 (17:00 CET) via email to [email protected]
- Upon invitation only: the Full proposal should be submitted at the latest by 14.11.2022 (17:00 CET), via email to [email protected]
- Please read the Guide for Applicants and use the proposal templates as in the toolkit
If you have any additional question concerning the call, do not hesitate to contact us!
Charlotte Vandenberghe (call coordinator) 021 693 76 15