“Theory courses” offer a larger, but targeted, selection of theoretical classes according to three predefined themes, in relation with a variety of sections (including non-ENAC). Initially, four classes are offered for each theme, but this number could change if new courses are added or if existing courses are suppressed due to retirement for instance. These potential modifications will be previously validated by the direction of the Minor.
– “Energy classes” are a selection of fundamental to advanced classes (but not too specialized) that focus on energy (in particular – but not only – renewable) and on associated infrastructures (offered in engineering and basic sciences).
– “Environment classes” are a selection of classes focusing on ecological impact and environmental strategies (offered mainly in the SIE section).
– “Systems classes” are a selection of classes focusing on infrastructures, including at urban scale (social sciences, architecture and engineering courses).
– Students also have the possiblity to validate one course outside EPFL (max. 5 ECTS), upon request and in agreement with the IDEAS Minor Committee.
In order to meet the general requirements of the Minor, 14 ECTS must be obtained among the 21 courses offered for this first group.
- Architecture et énergie solaire
- Energy conversion and renewable energy
- Modelling and optimization of energy systems
- Planification intégrée des infrastructures d’énergie
- Air pollution and climate change
- Economie hydraulique
- Etudes d’impact
- Recycling of materials
- Sustainability assessment
- Systèmes de management environnementaux
- Indoor air quality and ventilation
- Development engineering
- Habitat et développement urbain
- Hydrologie urbaine
- Material and energy flow analysis
- Modélisation des systèmes énergétiques
- Critique du projet urbain contemporain
- Ville et mobilité
COURSES OUTSIDE EPFL (indicative list, max. 1 class / 5 ECTS)
- Densités urbaines et mobilités résidentielles
- Mobilité durable et aménagement urbain
- Ecologie urbaine et métabolisme urbain : concepts, pratiques
- Urbanisme durable et espace public : concepts, pratiques
- Architecture durable et aménagement urbain
- Industrial Ecology: methodologies and strategies
- Outils et pratiques pour la durabilité