- Prior training is required to be authorized to use the workshop and its facilities:
- Theoretical training (1-hour course), including a reminder of emergency measures in case of accident (call no. 0216933000 at any time), information on the risks to which users are exposed and the measures to be taken to avoid them. After this training, students will receive their Camipro access to the SKIL.
- Practical training on the different “orange or red” machines by SKIL managers (in groups of 10, training time specific to each machine).
- The user of the workshop machines presents his student card on request. If he has no card at that time, the person must leave the workshop.
- The use of the machines by persons outside EPFL is prohibited.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is mandatory: in particular safety glasses must be worn when using the machines. Please observe the instructions and wear the PPE specific to each machine.
- During unsupervised hours, a minimum attendance of 2 people is recommended.
- The “general safety rules” posted in the workshop (information board at the entrance) as well as those indicated on the SKIL website are an integral part of these rules. Users will be notified by email of any changes.
- The supervised schedule is posted at the entrance of the workshop and can be found on the SKIL website (it can be modified by the managers if necessary and on request).
- I notify the workshop staff of any damage or missing equipment.
- I make sure to keep the SKIL spaces clean after use.
- If these regulations or the “general safety rules” are not respected, the student may be denied access to the SKIL.
More information about security and trainings
To receive CAMIPRO access to the SKIL as a BA or MA student, it is mandatory to follow a theoretical security training (45min). All the information can be found here!
Once the theoretical training has been completed, it is possible to train on different SKIL machines. All the information can be found here!
Security is important in such a space. Here you will find all information about the symbolism and safety rules of the SKIL.