For semester, masters, and internship projects visit the Project Offers section.
Engineer with expertise in electrolysis and electrochemistry
The laboratory of Optics (LO) led by Prof Demetri Psaltis at EPFL is looking for an engineer with expertise in electrolysis and electrochemistry. Experience in the design and manufacturing of alkaline electrolyzers is highly desirable. A person with experience in mechanical design, thermal management, high pressure systems, prototyping and manufacturing is desired. The successful candidate will work in the dynamic environment of EPFL with a team of post-docs and engineers developing a novel electrolyser technology. A degree in engineering is a requirement. More than 2 years of practical/industrial experience is expected in the design and manufacturing of electrochemical systems. EPFL offers competitive salaries and a creative environment.
- You will design and implement ideas to a novel kind of electrolyser system focusing on improving the performance of the electrolyser cell and stack as well as the overall system.
- You will work on the electrode specification to improve the electrochemical reaction performance.
The final goal is to build with the team a functionable prototype.
- Bs, Ms or PhD Engineering degree in Electrochemistry, Energy or related discipline.
- 2 years of practical/industrial experience is expected in the design and manufacturing of electrochemical systems.
- Experience with industrial alkaline electrolyser is a plus.
Your full application should include: motivation letter, CV.
We offer an opportunity to work on a disruptive hydrogen generation system in a community of world-class engineers, scientists.
The EPFL campus offers a highly international and interdisciplinary environment, with immediate access to the lake and mountains and a rich cultural life. French is the main language spoken in the city of Lausanne, while English is the main language on the campus and in labs.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit, defined by EPFL scales and regulations.
Start date : 1st of November 2021
1 year, renewable up to 2 years
For further information and application, please email your application to [email protected].
Please visit our website for more information on our group, research interests and publications: https://www.epfl.ch/labs/lo/