A space for dialogue and exchange on issues related to respect
Twice a month, a space for dialogue is offered to all EPFL members, without registration. The aim is to allow people to exchange on aspects also addressed in the e-learning “You are not alone” and to strengthen their capacity to act for a culture of respect.
Two external facilitators will lead these meetings. They will give a short presentation of about 15 minutes on a specific theme (see “Next Dates” below). A space for dialogue will then allow participants to share their experiences and benefit from the facilitators‘ advice.
Dates and location: Twice a month from 12:15 am to 1:45 pm, in room CE 1 100 or CE 1 103 (see “Next Dates” below).
Facilitators: Two psychologists from ICP (Intervention de crise et prévention), mandated by the EPFL Equal Opportunity Office.
- The group is open to all EPFL members, regardless of gender.
- Discussions are bilingual, French-English, based on the principle of “everyone speaking in their own language”.
- Participation is open without registration. To ensure that participants are part of EPFL, they will be asked to show their photo on the Camipro card to the facilitators at the beginning of the session.
- Sandwiches can be brought and eaten on site.
- Clear rules of confidentiality and respect will be in place during each session.
- Tuesday, May 10th from 12:15 am to 1:45 pm, room CE1 100
How to take care of each other among colleagues (pdf)
- Tuesday, May 31st from 12:15 am to 1:45 pm, room CE1 100
Harassment: what are we talking about?
- Thursday June 16th from 12:15 am to 1:45 pm, room CE1 103
How to take care of yourself: self-protection mechanisms and resources
- Tuesday June 21 from 12:15 am to 1:45 pm, room CE1 103
Sexual harassment: identification and clarification
- Tuesday, June 28 from 12:15 am to 1:45 pm, room CE1 103
Discriminations: what are we talking about?
Need help? Different support spaces with specific contacts are offered for EPFL students, PhD students and employees (https://www.epfl.ch/about/respect/where-to-get-help/).