To accommodate the needs of the laboratories, our Facility provides the following glassware to our users:
- Graduated test tubes
- Volumetric flasks
- Duran or Schott laboratory flasks with screw caps
NB: The laboratory glassware is available in plastic or glass and in many different volumes.
The basic glassware supply is offered for free and is restocked regularly or upon request. In case of need an additional supply is available in the Facility, rooms AI 0231 and SV 1522, during opening hours.
Upon request, more specific equipment can be provided. Feel free to contact us for any question concerning the available glassware.
The stock of glassware available to the laboratories is the property of the SV School. The supplies are therefore not identified with the names of the laboratories. If a laboratory owns some specific glassware, it can be marked with the unit initials so it does not get mixed with the common stock.
The Glassware Washing Facility personnel is in charge of maintaining a stock of clean glassware for each laboratory. The collection and distribution is performed every week day as follows:
- 7:30AM: Collection of the dirty glassware
- Between 8:00AM and 10:00AM: Distribution of the clean glassware
- Between 3:00PM and 4:00PM: Distribution the clean plastic glassware
IMPORTANT: For questions of safety and hygiene, users are asked to rinse the dirty glassware before leaving it in the grey plastic containers. The clean glassware is then delivered directly in the dedicated cupboards.
The glassware treatment is performed as follows:
- All the glassware is washed and dried in the washing machines
- Laboratory flasks and their caps are additionally sterilized during 20 minutes à 121°C in the autoclaves. Sterile equipment is labeled with the adequate control tape and a barcode mentioning the date, the autoclave ID and the sterilization batch.
- All the other glassware supplies are processed 2h30 in a dry oven at 180°C. The equipment dried this way is labeled with the adequate control tape.
All the plastic glassware (test tubes, funnels, beakers, etc.) is not autoclaved.
The equipment and glassware treated is controlled during each step of our processes. To prevent any contaminations linked to the turnover, GLP standards are thoroughly applied in our Service. GLP standards allow also ensuring the efficiency of our equipment and traceability of the autoclaved samples.
NB: Upon special and justified request from the users, the glassware can also be treated without detergent in a specific washing cycle. Feel free to contact us should you have any questions on the treatments applied.