Other doctoral courses (EDOC) (.)
To register for any of the doctoral courses listed below, please contact the EDMS administrator:
Phone: 41 21 693 07 82
E-mail: [email protected]
Office: SV 2515
In addition to conducting a research project in a group at either ISREC or GHI, graduate students complete their education by attending courses and seminars. Students are required to accumulate 12 credits during their doctoral studies.
(3-4 credits each)
Each course covers a topic in cell or molecular biology and typically consists of ~10 weekly two-hour sessions, with a lecture by invited speakers followed by a discussion of scientific papers. Usually one graduate course is offered each year. Some other graduate courses on other topics may be proposed once per two or three year.
EPFL offers a broad spectrum of doctoral courses and practicals open to EDMS students. The available courses and their credits are listed in the course book.
- The Doctoral Program in Microbial Sciences (DPMS) was launched in the beginning of 2011 and its activities are open to all EDMS students.
- To learn more about this program and its activities, click on this link.
- Registration for these courses requires the approval of the thesis director.
Biology Master course at the ENS Lyon
Credits for these and other external courses requires the pre-approval by the EDMS doctoral program director:
- Courses are credited on the basis of 1 credit for 14 hours of lectures/practicals and 14 hours of homework, provided the student’s performance is evaluated (ECTS accreditation system).
- Attending/speaking/presenting a poster at a scientific meeting or attending seminars is encouraged but does not count as credits (except for the EPFL Life Science Seminars).
- Course certificates must be transmitted to the EDMS office.