August 24 to 28, 2020
This summer school will explore basic concepts as well as recent developments in optimization, interpolation, and modular forms. There will be short courses as well as several standalone lectures by invited researchers. The school is aimed toward master’s and PhD students as well as early-stage postdocs.
- Henry Cohn (MIT): Packing, coding, and ground states
- David de Laat (TU Delft): Semidefinite programming hierarchies for packing and energy minimization
- Danylo Radchenko (ETH Zürich) : Modular forms and their applications
- Frank Vallentin (Universität zu Köln): Optimization for lattices, packings, and coverings
- Felipe Gonçalves (Uni Bonn)
- Philippe Moustrou (UiT – The Arctic University of Norway)
- Fernando M. de Oliveira Filho (Technical University of Delft)
The program will be held online. Please register here
to get access to the talks.
Maryna Viazovska (EPFL),
Maria Dostert (EPFL),
Matthew de Courcy-Ireland (EPFL).
The summer school is funded by EPFL and SNSF.