WE ARE RECRUITING NEW COACHES!
Have you successfully passed your candidacy exam? Do you like helping and giving advice to people? Would you like to meet new PhD students? Then you have what it takes to be a mentor for a new PhD student!
We are in the process of revamping the coaching system and we would like to implement a system in which each new PhD student will be assigned to a senior PhD student.
Some aspects that the coach could help with include:
- Practicalities of moving to Switzerland/Lausanne
- Advice on administrative issues
- Help with selecting a mentor
- Advice for the candidacy exam
- Advice on how to structure lab work/notebooks/research plan
- Advice on how to deal with the PI/colleagues
For the senior PhD students, this would be an opportunity to help a new student, to practise coaching, and hopefully to build a greater network in SV both for social interactions and for potential scientific collaborations.
If you have any suggestions for the development, shaping and expanding of the coaching scheme, you are very welcomed to share your ideas with us, and do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
Contact us at [email protected]