The EPFL is a smoke-free campus since May 2006 and has adopted a strict policy regarding sponsoring by and the presence of the tobacco industry in the framework of events organised on campus. Please find here below a summary of the provisions concerning the sale and distribution of cigarettes and sponsoring by cigarette companies within the framework of association activities.
Sponsoring by cigarette distributors during events:
Sponsoring by cigarette makers is prohibited in the framework of events organised in particular by EPFL associations.
- No advertising (logo) relating to cigarette producers/distributors on the event’s promotional material (posters, leaflets, flyers).
- No mention of cigarette producers/distributors during the event, in any form whatsoever (staff T-shirts, logo on tickets…)
- No distribution of advertising material and no solicitation by cigarette makers during the event
- No banners, posters or projection of images on screens or against the walls on the event site.
Sale/distribution of cigarettes:
The sale of cigarettes may be authorised during certain events subject to approval of an application file submitted to the Direction of Education, provided that:
- Cigarette stands may not be located at key event locations. They should be discreet and not display any distinctive marks.
No communication, sale or distribution of gadgets to minors.
- No by-products may be sold or distributed at these stands.
- No cigarettes may be sold outside these stands.
! Failure to observe these directives may lead to the event being prohibited !