|João Penedones studied physics at the University of Porto where he obtained his degree in 2002. He then got the Certificate of Advanced Studies in Mathematics from the University of Cambridge in 2003. In 2007 he got the PhD from Universidade do Porto for his thesis “High Energy Scattering in the AdS/CFT Correspondence”. He then worked successively as a PostDoc until 2011 at the Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics, University of California, Santa Barbara, and at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Waterloo, Canada. From 2011 to 2016 he was Research Fellow at the Universidade do Porto, Portugal.
In February 2016, he was appointed Professor in Physics at EPFL. Currently, he leads the “Fields and Strings Laboratory”.
- Nonperturbative Mellin Amplitudes: Existence, Properties, Applications, J. Penedones, J. A. Silva and A. Zhiboedov, JHEP 08 (2020) 031
- S-matrix Bootstrap III: higher dimensional amplitudes, M. Paulos, J. Penedones, J. Toledo, B. van Rees and P. Vieira, JHEP 12 (2019) 040
- S-matrix Bootstrap I: QFT in AdS, M. Paulos, J. Penedones, J. Toledo, B. van Rees and P. Vieira, JHEP 1711 (2017) 133
- Recursion Relations for Conformal Blocks, J. Penedones, E. Trevisani and M. Yamazaki, JHEP 1609 (2016) 070
- Conformal Regge theory, M. Costa, V. Goncalves and J. Penedones, JHEP 12, 091 (2012)
- Spinning Conformal Correlators, M. Costa, J. Penedones, D. Poland and S. Rychkov, JHEP 11, 071 (2011)
- A Natural Language for AdS/CFT Correlators, A. Fitzpatrick, J. Kaplan, J. Penedones, S. Raju and B. van Rees, JHEP 11, 095 (2011)
- Writing CFT correlation functions as AdS scattering amplitudes, J. Penedones, JHEP 03, 025 (2011)
- Holography from Conformal Field Theory, I. Heemskerk, J. Penedones, J. Polchinski and J. Sully, JHEP 10, 079 (2009)
- Eikonal approximation in AdS/CFT: Resumming the gravitational loop expansion, L. Cornalba, M. Costa and J. Penedones, JHEP 09, 037 (2007)